Nearly 11 million Americans are unemployed and many more are at the brink of losing their jobs because either they or their employer cannot keep up with the pace of the digital revolution taking place in our society today. Employers are unable to find qualified candidates to fill open positions in their organizations because those candidates do not possess the needed skills to do the job (skills gap). In the manufacturing sector alone "Over the next decade nearly 3 1/2 million manufacturing jobs likely need to be filled. The skills gap is expected to result in 2 million of those jobs going unfilled." The challenge is real and the urgency to act is now.
PEOPLE WE WORK WITH
Here at Balinda New Horizons we work with individuals who:
- Lost their jobs (laid off or terminated) because the employer decided to use machines or relocated to another city or country in order to cut cost
- Are working but their jobs will be taken over by machines in the foreseeable future. These jobs include: Bank Tellers, Postal Workers, Cashiers, Phone operators, surgeons...
- Stopped working for one reason or another (illness or taking care of loved ones) and are now looking to rejoin the workforce
- High school or college graduates with no work experience looking to enter the workforce
WHAT WE DO
We work with individuals as well as businesses in the following ways:
- Help them put together a strategy of how to successfully navigate the 21st century job market
- Creating a database of skills that are in high demand, therefore more likely to lead to a good paying job and a satisfying career
- How to attract and retain the best skills in today's job market
- Help them identify qualities they need to develop in order to compete in today's job market
- Provide training in emerging fields to help individuals position themselves ahead of market trends.